- Loading & over loading of the wheels:
- Designated use: All wheel sets are amply dimensioned to suit each intended purpose. The usage of wheel sets for non intended purposes can lead to material failure. Do not use road wheel set for cross country, off-road or as tandem applications. Wheel sets designed for cross country should not be used for hard off-road or tandem applications.
- Maximum load: The maximum allowable load (rider + bike + baggage) is declared for each type of wheel set. Exceeding the maximum load can lead to a mechanical failure.
- Side load of the rim: Bike rims can only hold out a certain degree of side load. During the pedal cycle, a degree of side load is placed on the rim which does not cause damage. Damage can also occur due to improper transport techniques or due to incorrect packaging when for example the rim is not sufficiently supported in relation to the hub. Potential damage may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Prolonged braking: The patented treated braking surface has in comparison to normal aluminium wheels limited maximum operating temperature. Prolonged continues braking or trail braking during downhill passages could cause overheating of the braking surface and lead to brake failure. Braking should be applied in hard and short intervals.
- Operating temperatures: Do not use XeNTiS wheel sets under -15°C (5°F) and not over 45°C (113°F). Store XeNTiS wheel sets not under -15°C (5°F) and not over 55°C 131°F)
- Steel spoke tension: The nipples are due to safety reasons thread locked to the spokes. Re-tensioning spokes will void the thread lock, impairs the trueness and axial run out. The increased tension applied to the rim can also lead to mechanical failure
- Tire pressure CC: Extremely high tire pressures of Clincher type tires can cause a mechanical failure of the rim braking flange. The maximum permitable air pressure must therefore not be exceeded. To increase the life span of the rim, it is advised to release the air pressure during storage.
- Acts of violence:
- Objects that lodge into the spokes during a ride may cause damage which could lead to mechanical failure. Potential damage may not be visible to the naked eye. A mechanical failure at a later stage could be the direct result of objects lodged into the spokes.
- Obstacles such as curbs, pot holes and transitions to railway tracks, could cause damage to the flank of the rim if speed is not reduced. Potential damage may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Crash: Damage due to a crash may not be immediately visible. The wheels set must be inspected by an authorized employee in order to avoid possible mechanical failure at a later stage.
- Flat tire: Stop immediately when a tire runs flat to avoid damage to the flanks of the rim.
- Repairs of wheel sets may only be carried out by qualified employees. The replacement of bearings or axles may only be carried out by specialist dealers. Repairs to carbon material will only be carried out by XeNTiS Composite Entwicklungs and Produktions GmbH after appraisal of a technical expert.
- Choice of brake pads: The usage of brake pads containing abrasive materials or brake pads with coated surfaces can cause premature wear of the brake surfaces which could lead to a mechanical failure. Abrasive materials include ceramics, brass or metal, crystallized diamond, reinforced fibres. Soft compound brake pads will become to hot and will cause an increased abrasion resistance. Direct results are premature brake pad wear and reduced braking efficiency due to brake pad material depositing to the rims. These problems may cause a mechanical failure of the rim due to excess heat build up. The removal of such deposits with not ph neutral cleaning agents, solvents, acids or abrasives can damage the rim.
- Inner tube: Only use tubes and rim tapes which are recommended according to the manufacturer for usage in combination with carbon wheel beds.
- Rim tape: The usage of a rim tape is obligatory when mounting a tyre on a XeNTiS wheel (see list). The correct positioning of the rim tape is crucial, therefore position the rim tape centrally to ensure that the drilled holes are fully covered. Incorrect installation could lead to wheel damage when a tube bursts causing high air pressure to enter the wheel cavity without the chance to escape.
Squad 2.5/4.2/5.8 rim tape 622x16mm fiber ribbon
Squad 2.5 MTB 29’’ rim tape 622x23mm fiber ribbon
Squad 2.5 MTB rim tape 559x20mm fiber ribbon
Mark2 TT rim tape 622x20mm fiber ribbon
Mark1/ TT rim tape 622x16mm fiber ribbon
- Brake pad wear: The patented treated brake surface needs to be run-in for around 500 km. During this run-in period, brake pad wear could be slightly higher then usual.
- Workmanship: All rims are hand made in Austria. Small variations, rounding of edges, colour differences and isolated pin holes must therefore be accepted due to the way the rims are produced. Such differences cause in no way any negative implications in regards to the quality of the rims.
- Surfaces: Due to the manufacturing process, the surface definition and gloss level may be slightly different between productions. Such differences cause in no way any negative implications in regards to the quality of the rims.
- Lightweight design: We explicitly mention that XeNTiS only uses lightweight materials. The upper load limit and safety boundary of such lightweight materials often lies below an equivalent metal constructed part. Due to manufacturing methods a variation in weight of up to 5% per wheel is possible.
XeNTiS will not be held liable and will not offer warranty for damage and consequential damage caused by overstressed rims.
XeNTiS will not be held liable and will not offer warranty for damage and consequential damage caused by external acts of violence
XeNTiS will not be held liable and will not offer warranty for damage and consequential damage caused by improper installation and maintenance.
XeNTiS will not be held liable and will not offer warranty for damage and consequential damage caused by improper usage of no appropriate cleaning solvents.
All warranty will be void due to incorrect usage of XeNTiS products.
All warranty will be void due to unqualified/non approved maintenance and or non approved repairs of XeNTiS products.
Please refer to our general terms and conditions under General Terms and Condition for additional delivery and miscellaneous services information. Warranty terms and agreements can also be found under General Terms and Conditions.